Saturday, June 26, 2010

RAVE!: Kimmaytube Leave-in


I always thought this chick was awesome (because of how she does her research) and now she has gone up another notch for me. This leave in concoction is fabulous!

In Kimmaytube's recipe she uses Kinky-Curly Knot Today but since I did not already have that in my stash I substituted that KC Knot Today for Giovanni Direct leave in. While styling my hair had so much slip and was so easy to manage.

Hours later....

My hair has dried and still feels great! I am impressed. If I (I probably will) continue to use this recipe I wouldn't mind splurging for one of the more expensive leave in conditioners.

At first glance at the amount of each ingredient I didn't think that 1 oz of conditioner would be enough for my hair. But I made the amount indicated anyway and I am so glad that I did not double that recipe because it was exactly enough. I may have had about 2 tsp left after I finished styling my hair. I will admit that I was not fond of the smell but I used Organics Clove & Olive oil to seal and that left me with a scent that I could handle. Another plus....my fingernails feel great (smooth and strong) - I think its the Jojoba oil that contributed to my nails.

This leave in is a definite "keep" for my product line up and regimen. I want to try a wash n go with the leave in, I feel like I may like the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment