Monday, June 14, 2010

The Power of Water

"Like skin, hair needs lubrication from the inside out. If your hair roots are deficient in adequate water levels your tresses will eventually become dry, brittle and may stop growing at your maximum genetic rate. Even worse, hair that is deprived of proper daily water supplies may stop growing completely" (taken from http://www.hairboutique.com/TIPS/tip211301.htm)


Well I began a little "hands on research" of my own. I decided to see if there was a difference in my hair if I fully saturated it with water 7 days a week.

When? I began last saturday. I washed my hair and put it in large twists.

What? Every single day of the week I saturated it with water in the shower.

Stylish? The twists got frizzy so I did have to re-twist a few days, but it was very quick because I had large twists.  I wore the twists in tucked under updos or buns to protect the ends

Why? In an attempt to keep my hair moisturized!

Results? By saturday night when I washed my hair again, it was super soft and the most moisturized it has ever been! I had less of an itchy, dry and irritated scalp everyday. In addition, after I washed my hair, the detangling process was virtually non-existant!

I am going to try this again this week. But I think I'm on to somethin folks-

Until next time,

Saving One Nappy Head a Day

No comments:

Post a Comment