Saturday, April 2, 2011

Race For Life 2011 and An Erin Update

I've done it!  I've decided that I'm going to do the Race for Life this year for Cancer Research UK! 




I had debated whether to do the event this year or not as I have another fundraiser going for Cancer Research UK, but then I thought that every little helps (an apt cliche to use, as one of the major sponsors of the Race for Life is Tesco)!

If anyone out there would like to join me, please give me a shout!  I'm doing the 5k on Wednesday 18 May at 19.30 here in Birmingham, and the more the merrier!  But I'll be there regardless, thinking of my sister Erin, who will be recovering from her surgery on 11 May. 

We have had wonderful news as far as her breast cancer is concerned.  The lump, which was 4 cm (I think it was 4cm or thereabouts) is now, after all her chemo treatments, 0.16cm!  She will be having a double mastectomy with reconstruction at the same time.  Don't worry, I did manage to stop David from recommending extensive reconstruction for my brother-in-law's benefit.




I'm still thinking of something to do that's active and fun and challenging to increase awareness of my main fundraiser, Cancer Research UK and breast cancer.  So far recommendations have been abseiling and climbing Snowdon.  If anyone else has ideas, please feel free to pass them on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment