Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter sewing and a new pattern line!








Today I got to get a couple of hours of Easter sewing done! Molly and Adam (her uncle that's the same age as her) watched Claire while I got Maddie's dress ready for the handwork. I'm doing my crocheted insertion dress again, but this time for three girls! They each have their own color; Molly is blue, Maddie picked purple, and my little Claire will be pink. :) This is the purple in silk thread, but I'm thinking that I may use a cotton thread with a darker purple. This just looks so pale and I want the crochet to stand out more. It almost looks like a grayish white when it's on the dress. Not very Eastery, huh? I'll work on that tonight.I can't wait to see them finished, three little girls dressed in Easter dresses! OH!










This was the first crocheted insertion dress, it was Molly's Easter dress one year. I have had so many questions about this dress over the years so....I have finally decided to make up a pattern for it! This was a pretty hard decision to make, believe it or not, mostly because it's not for beginners. All of my "Miss" patterns are geared towards beginners with no plackets, buttonholes, or zippers. I was afraid that if I got away from that it may cause confusion, so what I have finally decided to do is have another pattern line with more advanced/heirloom patterns. My only problem is I don't know what I will call them! I thought about having the "Miss" patterns and then the "Samantha's Heirloom" patterns. What do you think?










I'm always looking for suggestions from the people who buy my patterns! If you have any please, please, please speak up! I need your help! :) xo, Sam





Edited to add: I'm going to open a new discussion in the forum about this too. Come on over and chat if you would like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment