Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back in a bun...

Over the weekend the hubby and I hosted a couples game night. Most of the night was spent playing MJ Experience and as a result of all those wrist flicking movements - my wrist hurts. Of course I would do this to myself before hair wash & style day.

To give my wrist a break and decided to do a quick and easy bun. Also with doing this bun I decided to utilized Chicoro's Method of sealing to lock in some moisture for a few days.

The bun was inspired by this look worn by actress Nia Long:
source 

Nia Long's part is off center but I preferred a center part this time.


The cornrows in the front are not tight at all l- after applying all the product my hair laid down very easily.


Steps followed:
  • Shampooed with Giovanni SAS Shampoo
  • Conditioned with Giovanni SAS Conditioner
  • Applied (layers according to Chicoro's Method) leave-in conditioner, Castor/Olive oil mix, and SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (SMCES) to front sections to be cornrowed.
  • After cornrowing the front section, applied leave-in conditioner, Castor/Olive oil mix, and SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  • For the bun the SMCES was applied to each section of hair before 2-strand twisting. The bun is made up of about five 2-strand twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment