Friday, November 27, 2009

Trying Henna for the First Time

This is my first time trying Henna. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. Here's my step by step process.

First:
I read recipe after recipe trying to determine how I wanted to mix my henna. After reading about the drying effects of lemon and ACV I didn't want to go that route. I also read a few blogs and posts about unfavorable results (but not too many) when mixed with oil-since I read that more than once I didn't want to do that either. The only thing I read about that didn't come with complaints was mixing with yogurt.

My Mix:
1 package of Jamila Henna
1 1/4 Cup of yogurt
A few shakes of Cinnamon (I couldn't take the smell).

I let that sit on the counter overnight.



Second:
I washed my hair using a clarifying shampoo, detangled in the shower using conditioner, and then towel dried my hair.

Third:
While wearing gloves, I applied Henna to damp hair.

Fourth:
Let the Henna sit on my hair for 3 hours.


Fifth:
Rinsed under plain water until the color of the water was just lightly tinted, then with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner until the water from my hair was coming out clear. I didn't use gloves with this step fortunately I did not have any staining on my skin or hands.

Sixth:
Applied deep conditioner and sat under the dryer for 30min.
1/2 Jar of LeKair Cholesterol
5 drops of rosemary oil
5 drops of peppermint oil
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1 tbs of Honey

Seventh:
Rinsed again, this time with cold water.
Now I am noticing the softness and the color. I was surprised to see so much color since I only left it on for 3 hours. However, I did have in some commercial color that I did a few months ago.

Last step:
Styled my hair!

This was truly an all day process.


*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• tia¸.•*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment