Saturday, October 23, 2010

Persepctives from Persons #2: Courtney Thaler

Hello beautiful ladies! This is Courtney Thaler, my beautiful sis in law. I do NOT call her my sis in law or even sis in love! She is my SISSY!!! :) She is my best friend and she is amazing! With all of that said, I want you to have the persepective of another person from the outside looking in. Courtney has seen the process from start to finish. She has seen the ups and the downs. The bad hair days and the good. haha. We have laughed together and cried together (yes about our hair haha)  Lets hear what she has to say!


1. What is the most beautiful thing to you about a woman with uncut hair?


The most beautiful thing about women with uncut hair is that it is an glory unto God. I mean, think about it not cutting your hair brings glory to the only Lord and Savior, How much more beautiful can you get? There is a certain glow on a woman who doesn't cut her hair, she has a beauty that other cannot obtain.

2. Coming from the persepective of the sister of someone who made the transition to go natural, would you say it is life changing in a good or bad way?

When my sissy said that she was going natural it was the most exciting thing. I had seen alot of my friends who are black begin to loose their hair by burning it. My sissy is so beautiful and loved long hair but her hair was stuck at a length because of the perm she was putting in. Ever since she has gone natural her hair has grown so long and beautifully. Her curls are amazing (to be honest i want them). Her hair is always styled to the "T", not saying she didn't do it before it was just the same old straight style everyone wore. I see more of a pride that my sissy takes in her hair. She is constantly getting compliments because how long and pretty it is. I never understood why black women felt the need to perm their hair. Number one it makes it thin and it breaks off. Number two their hair is meant too look different because God created them that way. All in all I am sick of people trying to change who they are we all need to embrace who God created us to be and look like. Watching my sissy go natural inspired me to wear my hair natural too. I have Frizzy, Curly, Wavy, and straight hair. I used to constantly straighten it and use heat on it which was ruining my hair. As I watched my sissy go natural it inspired me to take pride in my hair too!! I am proud of my sissy for taking care of her hair and taking pride in it!!

3. Tell us how you got the revelation of hair.

Its funny to me when people ask me this. Because it really didn't take much for me to get it. You can ask my family I have always had long hair. I rarely cut because people were constantly cutting it way too short. But Dying it is a different story... I bleached my hair from 8th grade all the way too sissy's wedding year ago. It killed my hair and every time i did it I got mad at the results. Finally I went to a new church after my sissy's wedding and saw all these women with longer hair than me, and they had natural colors...I WANTED THAT. I called my big bro and my sissy and asked for scripture. When I got that scripture I saw what it said and just knew it was truth. From that moment on i stopped cutting and coloring my hair. On my brother and sister's wedding aniversary it was one year since i had cut and colored my hair it was one of my most proud moments. I see the differnce in my hair and how God honored my sacrifice by allowing my hair color to was out. I love my hair and have grown to love styling it in different ways. Girls, if you are reading this wondering if your man will like it still let me tell you something... MEN LOVE LONG HAIR ALMOST AS MUCH AS GOD!!!

Celebrating happy, healthy and long hair <3

No comments:

Post a Comment