Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hair Tip #4: The Mirror

When you look in the mirror, what do you say to your reflection?
When you look in the mirror, what is the expression of your face?

Do you embrace the image that looks back at you?
Or do you anxiously turn away thinking its all a waste?

When you look in the mirror, is there a smile or a look of disdain?
Is there a thought that natural beauty is a waste or is it all a pain?

When you look in the mirror are you sad at what you see?
Or do you say, "that is beautiful and yes it is me"?

Is your perception of beauty what God sees?





This is an extremely important hair tip! I know its not about a style, a product or something "conventional". But I feel that I need to encourage some of my beautiful ladies that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I know some of you might be the only black girl in your church with natural hair but know that you are beautiful.. We were fearfully and wonderfully made. I have had days where I have cried and just wished my hair wasn't so different and hard to manage. But I go right back to the question, what is your purpose Kendra? Why are you doing this?? Because your hair is your glory. No need to hang our heads in shame or feel embarrassed. This is how God made us and it is beautiful!

So I ask the question,

When YOU look in the mirror,
what does your reflection say?...


Celebrating healthy, happy and long hair :)


No comments:

Post a Comment