Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bi-Yearly Henna Time

My Steps
1. Shampoo (clarifying)
2. Rinse
3. Apply Henna*
4. Rinse, Rinse, Rinse, and Rinse
5. Apply moisturizing Deep Conditioner**
6. Rinse and Rinse
7. Style as desired


After sitting for 3 hours
Henna in ziploc bag
I placed the henna in a bag for easier handling and application. Another perk to this technique is if you tend to have a lot of henna remaining post-henna, you can seal off the cut end and freeze the henna in the bag. Be cautious if you purchase the kind of bags that make it hard to tell if the bag is completely sealed.


• I let the henna sit on my hair for only about 2.5 hours. My goal was not color deposit so I wasn't concerned with letting it sit for an extended amount of time. 
• When it was time to rinse, I let the water run through my hair for about 2mins to help loosen up the henna from my hair and then I proceeded with a normal rinsing technique.
• I deep conditioned for about 1.5-2 hours and then rinsed thoroughly.


*My henna mixture used is very simple. 1pkg of Jamila henna and 2c of organic aloe vera juice
**Deep conditioning mixture is AHOSR and Castor oil


[Disclaimer]
Please keep in mind that after researching and taking into account what works for me, the process above is what I have found to work best for my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment