Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How I've been deep conditioning....

For the past few weeks I have switched up the method in which I deep condition. My reason behind this is that I have been searching for a deep conditioner that gave me results that were better than just an regular quick rinse out conditioner. My hair responds well to oils and I love the slip that creamy conditioners give me. I thought, "why not just combine the two?"

So I did just that and this is what happened:


Method:
I mixed 2 parts conditioner and 1 part Castor oil. Apply conditioner mix to hair that has been separated into four sections. I use my denman(like) brush to detangle and ensure even distribution and then let my hair sit for 30mins with no heat or 15mins with heat. Rinse with cool to cold water.

The verdict:
My hair is extremely soft to the touch, easy to detangle, and has a great sheen to it (probably from the Castor oil). This process works best with a thick and creamy conditioner. I will make this my routine deep conditioning method.

I am curious about trying this with JBCO - maybe one day. For now the regular Home Health Castor oil is working great.

Got any new concoctions that have been working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment