Thursday, August 26, 2010

Packing for Vacation

I'm still playing catch up



We stayed at the Wyatt



Last year, my husband and I, for our anniversary went to Jamaica and I styled my hair in box braids. The only hair products I packed were Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and some Shea Butter. Very simple.

This year we stayed a little closer to home and while the box braids were perfect for Jamaica I didn't really want to walk around D.C. looking like a 5-yr old. What's a girl to do?

First, I had to decide what I was going to do with my hair for a week and that would make the product selection a little easier. I decided to go with twists and wash-n-gos.

For product selection, I decided to pack:
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-in Conditioner
Shower Comb
Denman(like) brush
Hair Butter
Hair Oil

Each night when I showered I co-washed or shampooed depending on how icky my hair felt. Then I put my hair into three flat twist on each side so that my hair would dry quickly over night. It wasn't too time consuming and didn't interfere with our vacation. Plus I got to wear big hair everyday! ;)

What hair products do make sure to pack for trips?

No comments:

Post a Comment