Thursday, July 29, 2010

Protective Style: High Bun

Ever seen a pentecostal style protective do??

NOW you have :)

Cute, big and my ends are protected! It doesn't get any better than this. Personally, I love high buns and big hair. Well this hairstyle makes me feel like I have big and high hair for sure. It is so easy to do!!


How to make a bun:
-Make sure your hair is wet and detangled
-Pull your hair into a puff (see tutorial or blog post for more info)
-Pull out the middle of the puff and section it off with a hair tie
-Moving in a circular clockwise motion, wrap your hair around smoothing your hair down into a bun. Use bobby pins to secure
-Once the bun is finished, grab the center part of the hair, wrap it around your fingers into a bun and tuck under. Secure it with pins!

**kudos for creativity! I made the hair accessory and added the ruffle to my cardigan with some leftover scrap fabric**
WALAH! It takes 10 minutes and lasts a week!


Saving one nappy head a day

No comments:

Post a Comment