Monday, July 19, 2010

I Can't Seem to Catch My Breath!

So thankful to finally have a job... my mild Aspergers makes it hard to adapt to the shock to my system (too many people, too much talking, not enough training, too much phone). I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I'm actually losing weight too! I'm fitting my old work clothes really well, at least the pants, but my upper torso is too much for my pretty button front shirts that I've never been able to wear (sounds like a trip to Dr. Yoho, the liposuctionist, next year). I think I'm losing weight because we've really stepped up the walking and we got a treadmill. I never was an overeater, so eating too much was never my problem. My problem was not eating enough, for fear of overeating - vicious cycle. Anyway, things are going good in this area.

We had a nice Saturday in San Francisco. We spent the early afternoon at Ocean Beach (on the ocean side of the Golden Gate Bridge). After the beach, we went to Sausalito, just to see the sunshine. It's so beautiful. Then we came back across the bridge and drove down crazy ass Lombard street (that's shaped like a Z). After that, we got a wild hair and decided to find LucasArts (LucasFilms and ILM). Lo and behold, we found it:




We ended the day by eating 3lbs of my favorite butter/garlic soaked crab at The Crab House on Pier 39. We were pre-celebrating our 2nd anniversary and it was so fun. I love Andrew!

My hair... MY HAIR! I need to put on a wig because I'm getting that "do something to my hair" jones. Since I'm working now, I can freely buy a wig if I want to. I've already "prepped" my co-workers, and it's no biggie to them how I wear my hair. It's been so hot here for too many days, so I didn't want to be bothered with glue, tape, clowning, and itching. I've been proudly wearing my wash and go's daily. Nothing is more convenient than wetting my hair, and dousing it with whatever conditioner is on deck. No curling. Sometimes I'll get fancy and wear a headband! I'm too tempted to textlax again, but it's too soon. I'm seriously going to wait until August or longer (since I'm wearing my IRBW to the Rush concert). I'm really jonesing for a 12-14" virgin malaysian cut into layers with long bangs. Maybe a 14-16". Maybe both. I don't think my new vendor is selling anymore (wtf?) so I'll go back to Rex. I think I may do customs for these new wigs.

I almost forgot to report: my BHM friend, Tootsie, introduced us to a method her mom uses. She sews a strip of elastic between the nape and the ear and attaches it to the other side. Then she sews wig clips at the temples. This enables the wig to stay on WITHOUT GLUE OR TAPE.... let me repeat this.... WITHOUT GLUE OR TAPE! I purchased some elastic yesterday (3/4" width) and I dyed it with the ever universal cocoa brown Rit Dye. I'm going to make a video of me sewing it onto the lace. I may do this next weekend, when I'm off from work. I hope this works. If it does, it will an unprecedented step forward in the world of Lace Wigs. Although the BHM has more than enough unnecessary drama, I love it for the innovations the women come up with. I'll keep you posted, in my YouTube sort of way.

My latest obsession: Batman TV episodes, circa 1966-1968 on YouTube. I've got to get my spending under control, so I can get my credit back in order, so I can buy me an old Jeep Wrangler. I did splurge and buy those Madonna motorcycle boots, but ever since the company charged my CC, I haven't heard from them. I'm getting suspcious. I'll give them another week before I put the smack down. After than, no more extraneous spending... other than the Halle Berry Air Rift Nikes, that are so freakin' hard to find. Hey, I ain't working for nothing! My personal recession is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment