Friday, July 2, 2010

the art of warfare.

Picture this: You're in the fighting ring. All the odds are against you. The crowd doesn't even applaud when they call your name. In fact, when the announcer calls your name, the crowds yells mean words, throws things in your direction, breathes out threats with their savage like behavior. They would love to see the likes of you utterly destroyed. Consequently, when the announcer calls out your opponents name, the crowd roars in appreciative and almost civil applause. As you walk to the center of the ring, to face your opponent, its almost as if time stands still. In slow motion you carefully observe the crowd who wear a evil countenance that looks oddly similar to ravenous wolves. As you gulp the last bit of saliva left in your throat because you are shaking-in-your-boots nervous, you observe that even the referee seems to be on the side of your opponent. Is there any help for you? It seems as though there is no way you will win this match. You know its going to be a fight to the death, and by all possible theory, reasoning and common sense, there is no way you will win.


But perhaps you thought too soon..


Just when you shake the grimey and greasy hands of your opponent, before you even have time to bring your eyes to look into his face, its as if everything freezes. Time stands still. Heaven silences as I AM speaks. And He remind you of the revelation the prophet had when he said,


"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" (Isaiah 26:3)


As you feel a gentle, powerful hand touch your shoulder, you hear the still small voice speak, "remember, it is finished. And lo I am with you always. Even until the end of the age."


The next thing you know, you have your arms raised victoriously! You look to the corner of the ring to catch a glimpse of your opponent-who looks much less intimidating and scrawny than you ever imagined. He is crumpled in the corner with an expression of agony, surprise and despair. With tears streaming down your face, you lift your hands in victory!!!


---


There is a war raging and there is still an adversary who is scheming and launching an all out attack on the people of God. There are times in life when I must humble myself. I must come back to myself and realize that I have to keep my mind on Jesus. God keeps me in PERFECT peace IF my mind stays on HIM. Off of myself. Off of what's going on. Off of what my situation may look like. ON my God. His abilities and His capabilities to do ANYTHING!


Note to self: in the midst of this war, I will keep my mind of the Lord. And devil, you WILL lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment