Tuesday, July 24, 2007

big mistake

Psh. See if I let Eric take the digital camera away for nine days ever again. There have been so many things that I normally would take pictures of, and only two film cameras to do it with, starting with the garden. I harvested the garlic on Sunday -- braided it and handed it off to Matte for curing in his basement. And the tomatoes are changing from green to their various colors, we have two pumpkins that are growing so fast, I could swear I could hear them if I got close enough. And tiny seedlings all over the place! Inside I have cilantro, chives and basil, and outside we have scallions, beets, swiss chard, kale, radishes, carrots, and as always, spinach and lettuce. The winter squash plants are huge and flowering, and I think the artichokes will be harvested today or tomorrow, along with a fistful of green beans. The broccoli has been a huge hit -- I really wish I had taken photos of that too. Oh, and the potatoes! Eric harvested two honest-to-gosh potatoes right before he left -- we'll wait until August or so to do the rest.

I've also been beading like crazy... mostly a set of napkin rings that I have been having a hard time with, but I think I may be onto something. Wish me luck!

Eric and OtherMatt are heading out to San Jacinto Peak near Palm Springs (excuse me while I vomit a little just at the mention of that city), for a short camping/backpacking trip today. I sure will miss being able to talk to him, but I'm sure they'll have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment