Friday, July 6, 2007

the big day!

I finally got my hands on some wedding pictures, so here we go....

First of all, you can't have a wedding without pre-wedding chaos. Emily, Eric and myself hit the farmer's market on the way to the wedding site and collected some fabulous flowers. At the "staging area" Eric and my fabulous Aunt Janice got to work arranging them in about a dozen teapots that Miles, Emily and I had collected during the previous two weeks, while I worked on Emily's bouquet....



Then we wrangled Dad, Aunt Jan, my Uncle Leonard, Eric and Mile's-sister's-boyfriend Heath into filling the kid's wedding favors with jelly beans....




(grown men have never had so much fun with colored paper and ribbon, I swear)


Grammy and baby took care of each other....


The ceremony was outside and lovely. Kristen (sister-in-law) served as officiant, and presented the story of Emily and Miles very lovingly. Best Man Tate read from the Velveteen Rabbit, and I read from The Irrational Season, by Madeline L'Engle. Kudos to Emily and Miles for giving completely extemporaneous vows -- quietly and to each other. I cursed my dressing for having to pockets to stash a hankie in!




I love this family shot....



....and there was cake for all!

Congratulations, Emily and Miles -- we are all so very happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment