Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Product Review: Tangle Teezer

My Review
The tangle teezer is absolutely amazing! It is a bit pricey for a brush or comb but the price is relative. You literally will not need another comb or brush ever. Unless you use a comb for parting your hair. Otherwise, this is all you need. I have found that you can detangle wet or dry hair with the tangle teezer. In the past I could never even think about combing my hair while dry. But not with the tangle teezer. Wet or dry it gets the job done. Another great thing about it, is that you pull out less hair! It does a great job of ridding me of shedded hair but I don't get a great amount of snapping and pulling on healthy strands. Chelsyea asked if it is painful or hurts. Not one bit. As I explained in the video, the bristles move with your hair and they are very flexible! You can even get right down to the roots. And it is all very painless! Also, I love how EASY it is to clean! Pull out the hair, and rinse out the rest. That is all :) In addition, it comes in MANY different colors! Hot pink, black, purple with sparkles, blue, green, etc. Read more about the product here!


Other Review:
Price: $10 plus tax ($10.86 for me)

Please note that is is great for ALL types of hair. Ladies with long-flowing glorious locks, check out this review,

Okay people, this brush is going in my will along with a few other beauty hg's. I read a bunch of the reviews and decided to give it a try.



I didn't think it was accomplishing much since it didn't 'pull' like a normal brush. Well, I ran my fingers through my very long waist length hair and to my enjoyment....not a snarl to be found!


I have very fine, very long hair that just loves to tangle up if I even think about a knot. I've tried soooo many different products and brushes but I will never buy another 'regular' brush ever ever again :)


I plan on using on my 2 year old as well, she has fine curly hair that tangles occasionally. You gotta start em early :)

 

I love that the focus of the creation of this hair tool revolves around limiting cuticle damage! According to the website, 

The damage trying to tear tangles and knots out of your hair with an unsuitable brush cannot be underestimated. Vigorous brushing will ‘rough’ up and damage the hair’s cuticle wrecking your hair’s chances of looking healthy and shiny. The cuticle or the outermost layer of the hair is a hard layer of over-lapping protective scale like cells (think of them as tiles on a roof) and are the front line when it comes to protecting your hair’s internal structure from damage which is imperative for bouncy, sexy and touchable hair. As well as brushing, cuticle sabotage can be caused by over-use of heated appliances, chemicals and hair accessories such as clips leading to split ends and a lack lustre and frizzy appearance.
For mothers of children with natural hair:


They offer the magic flowerpot which is, "a hairdressing first - a revolution in children’s hair care guaranteed to end their fear of tears,". It is absolutely adorable. It makes combing out your daughters hair fun for them and cute for their room :)





 

What do others say?

Pros
  • detangles the worst knots
  • gives a good scalp massage
  • can tell it is not damaging to hair
  • barely lose any hair

Cons
  • sensitive scalps may not like the bristles on their scalp
  • sounds like Velcro running through hair (although it is not ripping it out)
  • very hard to find cons!!!
So I hope this is helpful! There are TONS of reviews on the net. And most of them are positive!

If you decide to purchase this product please let me know how it works for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment