Monday, December 28, 2009

Purity Terms


I believe that if we are armed with the right knowledge that we all can make wiser decisions that can benefit us as individuals. I have never been one to just "listen" to what people tell me, you gotta provide me with evidence. So today I came across a few contradicting YouTube video and decided to do some research on my own about the terms used to describe the purity of oils and which one is "better."

Unrefined: the oils are just that—left in their virgin state after pressing. These oils tend to be rich, robust and ‘true' in their flavors; also much richer in nutrients.
Pure Virgin: Virgin means the oil was produced by the use of physical means and no chemical treatment. The term virgin oil referring to production is different from Virgin Oil on a retail label
Refined: means that the oil has been chemically treated to neutralize strong tastes (characterized as defects) and neutralize the acid content. Refined oil is commonly regarded as lower quality than virgin oil; the retail labels extra-virgin olive oil and virgin olive oil cannot contain any refined oil.

I have used all types of Olive Oil and in my opinion....there was not a difference in my hair. Now this is specifically for my hair. There may be someone out there that can tell a difference with the different ways to press oil. It's good to know what I am and what I am not paying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment