Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Days Are Flying By Fast!

I still haven't taken my December length check pictures. Not lazy... I will do it before the month is over. I figure, the less I mess with my hair, the better off it is. Right now, I have SE Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner slathered on my head, with a "curl bag" (aka plastic shower cap) over it, with my new microfiber hair turban wrapped over that. I found the hair turban at CVS for $5.99. I like it because it has a button on the back of it, and it stays put. The lovely dark honey brown has washed out (in a matter of 2 weeks) and my hair is a dark copper blonde on the ends. Oh well...

I saw that the people from Dr. Miracle's left a comment on the last post. How cool is that! That's what I love about blogs, when you think they're personal, they're actually seen by a LOT of people. I love that serum, and now they know it. In that same vein, I am not paid by any of the brands that I endorse. I endorse them because I love using them. I pay for them myself and give my honest opinion.

On the knitting front, I'm knitting some convertible mittens for my niece Colbi. I found a picture on the internet of what I want them to look like:


The pattern is actually a hybrid of the glove pattern in my Big Book of Knitting bible by Katharina Buss, and the convertible glove pattern on the DROPS website. I love the knitting book. I've had it for quite some time (at least 2004 or 2005). I definitely recommend it for the beginning knitter. I've never made gloves before, just mittens. I'm not going to lie, the ish is not easy. It's very complicated, maneuvering with 5 working double pointed needles. I usually do 3 (plus 1). It's working out though, once I read through the pattern. I had no idea what a "fourchette" was (the area between the fingers). I just had to plow through the pattern, and it worked itself out. Sometimes they read more complicated than they are. I'm glad the glove is working up so quickly though. Here's the progress so far:



I'm going to put a pink button on the top of the cuff. Pink and grey go good together.

My rants for today: I hate the celebrity culture that we now live in. It's not breaking news. So what that Tiger got caught (although his wife whupping that ass with a 9 iron is hilarious to me; I knew something was amiss when it was first reported that he had an accident outside of his home at 2:30 in the morning. Shouldn't his married ass been at home in the bed at that time?), so what about the Twilight bs (yeah, I said it, although the author's process fascinates me), so what about the Kardashians... ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I even hate Facebook (although I really like Farmville). I definitely hate Twitter! Who cares what people are doing every minute? I don't want to be THAT plugged in, to anything. I don't even update this blog like that, and I think I'm doing more interesting things, than Twittering. I hate the newscasters (knowitall sonsafucks), especially Brian Williams. He acts like he's curing cancer... all he's doing is reading a teleprompter. My boyfriend told me that I'm a bit on edge and I need to get my "A New Earth" book off the shelf and re-read it. LOL. This time of year does make me more at my wits end, which is why I knit so much. It de-stresses me.

I'm also working on my ultimate Christmas homemade dvd. This is the line-up I'm thinking about:
A Charlie Brown Christmas
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Boris Karloff/Chuck Jones version)
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
The Wizard of Oz
A Christmas Story (Andrew turned me on to it the other night)
A Christmas Carol (1938 version)
It's A Wonderful Life
The Year Without Santa Claus

I purposely didn't put Frosty the Snowman on the list, because I've never liked it. I'm seeing that it might be a 2 DVD set, one with the movies, and one with the TV shows. I would really like to put the Christmas episode from The Brady Bunch (where Carol lost her voice), and the Christmas episode from The Thunderbirds but I can't re-record prerecorded dvds. I'm such a nerd!

Off to finish the gloves...

No comments:

Post a Comment