Friday, December 25, 2009

It's Christmas night...

and I'm thinking about knitting. I'm still happy with the lace wig application that I'm sporting. I'm rocking a tight ponytail:

It dawned on me that I didn't report on the wig change from the last application. It was driving me crazy. Itchy nape. I did slow, small cornrows in the front, and my standard four in the back. My hair is really growing. I experimented with my makeup/foundation method and the coban bandage wrap method. So far, so good. I made a video of the application of the bandage wrap, but I haven't gotten around to editing it down to the standard YouTube time of 10:00. I'm loving this application. Very natural. I'm patiently waiting for the new custom. Stay tuned.

Everyone loved their socks! Colbi (my niece) loved her complicated convertible gloves/mittens. I'm a happy knitter. I'm still working on Jeri's scarf. I am super excited about Colbi's matching scarf (decided by her at the last minute). I've decided to tackle the intricate Entrelac technique, in gray and pink. I was trying to figure out how to make the half triangles whole, and it dawned on me to do a provisional cast on, so I can pick up the stitches of the triangles and make them diamonds. I'm still working on it in my mind. I will definitely post pictures.

I'm exhausted from this holiday. I'm about to go to bed, and I haven't knitted in 2 days... not by choice either. I made a cute Christmas tree cake, which wasn't eaten, and the Christmas cookies... don't ask. Hopefully, the knitting will resume tomorrow. I hope everyone had a joyous holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment