Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cold Weather Regimen Update

So the original Cold Weather Regimen has been revised already....me and consistency just can't seem to get along. But I'd rather keep trying out new things to find what works over following a routine that does nothing for me.

Cleansing
Alternate between shampoos and co-washes. The winter hair is already drying to I don’t want to shampoo too often. Every week might be too much for my hair. I am only shampooing once a month.
Conditioning
Deep condition every week with Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol/Essential Oil Mix
Moisturizing
After rinsing and while hair is still damp, spray with Aloe Gro, and seal with Shea Butter/Coconut Oil mix
Special Treatments
Oil Rinse - If needed (I love these!!!)
Styling
Styles for the cold weather will consist of braids, cornrows, buns, and twists that are pinned up or styled in updos. Now that I can do roller sets, I will incorporate those as well.
Trims
Since I have been more loving towards my ends they have not given me a problem with splits and fairy knots. I am going to trim when needed. S&D!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment