Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prince and Chaka Khan

Last night I was able to enjoy an awesome concert:

source
Chaka Khan opened for Prince and she did a great job. That lady is so talented and her vocals are amazing. She did "I'm Every Woman," "Tell Me Something  Good," and some others. Then later she did a duet with Prince and they performed "Sweet Thing." Chaka Khan also wow'ed the crowd when she dropped it like it was hot - yes she did! A few times!

Of course I was mesmerized by Chaka Khan's hair. I told my DH that when I get up there in the years I am wearing my hair like hers. He laughed but he knows I will do it.

Chaka Kahn's Hair
When Prince hit the stage it was non-stop cheering for about 5 mins. It was loud! 



He put on a great performance and his backup singers were amazing. Those ladies could really sang!


The "made me feel old" moment of the night was when my friend told me that her son asked her "Who is Prince?" LOL! He's only 8yrs old but still....dang.

My hair for the event? Well, I twisted my hair for a twist-out but it didn't dry before I had to get ready and then it rained (humidity) - I ended up with some really big hair, not too bad. I like it messy. I was actually told by some friends that they spotted me because of my hair first, lol.



Now I'm off to search for Chaka Khan's hair regimen. **fingers crossed**

No comments:

Post a Comment