Wednesday, August 15, 2007

mazel tov!

Elise's wedding was absolutely lovely. Held at Temple Emanu-el in San Francisco, it was filled with tradition and elegance. The bride was completely gorgeous, and her groom just as handsome. The temple still has me in awe (I tried to find pictures online of the jaw-droppingly beautiful stained glass windows, but to no avail. The best pics I could find were here, [wait for it to load, at the bottom, scroll to the right and go to scene 2]). I loved all of the Jewish tradition -- and the fact that the program and the Rabbi explained it all to those of us who weren't familiar. My favorite part was most likely the chaotic circular dancing at the beginning of the reception. Bride and groom in the center, and everyone holding hands and dancing around them. It was spectacular.

As Karen and I had arrived a little early, we went for a short walk up to the Presidio, where I took this picture:



Then, much to my dismay, the camera--my wonderful, tiny, easy-to-use camera friend--succumbed to gravity and fell to the rocky earth. It was a beautiful place to die -- a view of the San Francisco Bay, surrounded by trees, amongst friends. But die it did. When I picked it up and saw it's dented lens all askew, I knew it was over.

So unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the wedding, you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment