Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sling sewing for Claire :)










It seems like years since I have posted any sewing here on the blog! Being at my sewing machine again has been  heavenly! My first project came out of necessity. My sister Rae has been sporting this super cool sling from Mamma's Milk and I really wanted one too, the only problem was that I wanted a cute one. After some searching I found that they sell their pattern! YAY!!!!









I whipped one up within half an hour of finding the pattern -so much better than waiting on shipping and having to pay full price! I used my Hunky Dory fabric that I have been saving for one side, and for the other I used more of that pea green sheet that I got from my Granny. I LOVE IT! And Claire LOVES IT! It's reversible, it fits perfectly (they have an automated fitting chart that you can go by), and I felt good knowing that it was their tried and true pattern.










Before Rae and I went to the camp on Monday morning I made her a pretty sling too. And then that night, after using mine all day long with a happy baby, I made two more for baby gifts! They are so easy and the babies love being in them so much that it just seemed like the perfect baby gift. Another thing that really makes me happy is that I can put it on easily by myself (that wasn't the case with my old baby carrier) and it folds up tiny to fit in my purse or diaper bag.









I guess you know what happened next....there were these two little girls that needed slings for their baby dolls. The pattern came with a little tutorial for doll slings too. Maddie fell asleep in hers last night. Why didn't I get a picture of that?










Well at least I got a picture of this! Ben used my sling to keep Claire happy while he was cooking breakfast the other morning. How sweet is that? Now he wants one in a manly brown or black fabric.





I've got more sewing to do this week and I can't wait to show you! I just need a little more time to get it just right. It is so good to be back at it. I love my job. Now I'm going to head outside to snap pictures of all of our new baby goats to show you. Oh my goodness they are so sweet! See you soon :) xo, Sam 





PS. Claire was three weeks old on Monday and yesterday was her due date. We sang Alice and Wonderland's Unbirthday song to her all day. She liked it. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment