Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beverly Hills Fabulous

I should have typed this up while I was watching but here goes...

source

So, I got excited - a show about hair, woot woot!! Later that "woot woot" turned into a "womp womp". I didn't even make it through the entire episode and there is a 99.9% chance that is one salon show that I will not watch on the regular.

IMO, the individuals on the show are to over the top and any viewer can see the staging of this show from a mile away. The show would make for a better comedy than it does for a "reality" show. The salon owner, Elgin Charles, was once married to Jackeè Harry and kinda brings Steve Harvey to mind when you first catch a glance at him. Sean has too much attitude for me - he must have some really fierce talent because I would let that stress go - QUICKLY. The way he talks to his boss is unprofessional and should be unacceptable. Lolita is your typical loud TMI black woman - every show has to have one. Katrina seems to be the most sane one out of the bunch. Some will enjoy this show while others will bypass VH1 with speed during the 30 minutes that this show is on.

I will admit, when Tanika Ray walked in the salon I got really excited. However, she didn't have her natural hair styled and opted to have Elgin slap in a full straight weave (no offense but I really wanted to see some curly styling). The styling session was SOOOO staged that I felt like I was watching a hair battle instead of a salon reality show. Something that I do like about the show are the small segments during the show in which the stylists provide hair care tips.

The only thing I can recommend is that you check out the show and form your own opinion about it.  

If you did happen to catch last night's epidsode, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment