Sunday, April 5, 2009

spring cleaning


treetops at carkeek park, seattle


I am sometimes asked by my California-based friends and family if the dreary weather of the Pacific Northwest depresses me. I went to college in extreme northern California, where it was also often foggy and wet, and I've lived in Portland since then. I remember the same feelings when I lived in those places as well: I certainly don't feel depressed, or even down about the weather (I've always quite liked the rain), but man, if that first warm, sunny day of spring isn't the best thing ever, then I don't know what is.

evidence of sunlight

I had an action packed weekend this weekend: birdwatching early on Saturday (we didn't spy what we were looking for, but we saw some other neat critters -- including a squirrel expelling itself rather comically from a trash can), then therapy dog class, three hours in the garden and then I trotted off to knitting group in sandals. Today I went to yoga, and in a fit of spring cleaning, cleaned the garage and de-grimed the tops of the kitchen cabinets (ew). Took my bike out of hibernation and in for a tune-up, then ran some errands with the car windows rolled all the way down and the stereo (slightly) up.

In finished project news, I finally got the last of the seed beads put on the felted bowl....




finished measurements: 10 inches in diameter, 5 inches tall, Alpine worsted weight wool, in a charcoal grey and pale blue, seed bead embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment