Thursday, January 22, 2009

Presidential hip check...or butt bump if you will

I knew our President was a super fun guy, but this video clip DEFINITELY confirms it. While watching the Inauguration Balls, I thought I saw President Obama hip check a citizen while dancing. Those in the room with me swore that it was his wife. However, I was correct and here's the video to prove it.



On another positive note, an Executive Order against torture was made today. Read it by clicking here This pleases me because I feel that my faith implores me to be against any act of torture. It is the government's ethical responsibilty to protect human dignity of friend or foe. I am interested to see how this order and the pending Gitmo closing play out.

Executive Orders can however be overturned by future Presidents, so I am hopeful that laws will be passed according to these ideals and steps be taken to ensure that we treat those in our custody in ways that we would expect others to treat our own citizens while in their custody.

LEARN MORE: Visit the following websites to learn more about the fight to ban torture:
Campaign to Ban Torture

National Religious Campaign Against Torture
Evangelicals for Human Rights

INTERACT: What are your thoughts on these things- from the Hip Check to the Executive Order?

No comments:

Post a Comment