Thursday, June 26, 2008

you know you're at the Fremont Solstice Parade when....

I went to the Fremont Solstice Parade last Saturday with some friends. It was easily the strangest parade I have ever seen, either in person or otherwise. There were no banners or other announcements of what group was coming next, and I am pretty sure that whoever wants to be in the parade, can be. You and your friends want to dress up in mardi gras beads and thongs and march down the street with finger cymbals? Go for it. There were a few (man-powered!) floats, a smattering of semi-organized musical ensembles who appeared to have practiced the same songs, and I tell you, there were absolutely no political statements whatsoever....





I perused the craft fair but I think I was missing a street or two, because I remember it being much larger and with more real crafts and fewer booths of sunglasses for $3.99. Oh well, next year.


these guys had a guitar case proclaiming them as the Old Time Jug Band or similar, but mostly I recognized two of the four as being from the Tall Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment