Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WIP Wednesday

First, the garden, as an update was specifically requested by Dad.


We've started harvesting kale, lettuce and spinach, and a few strawberries have ripened up.



We've also got artichokes, zuchini, and a total of nine tomato plants, including five Amish Paste plants, specifically for canning.


==================================
On to the crafties!
I know it may not look like much, but I am pretty darn excited about this washcloth: it was my first real time following a pattern, complete with slip-slip-knits, yarn overs and knitting-two-togethers. woo hoo! Next up, I have a date with Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits for Beginners, a whole mess of her baby cashmerino yarn and some size two needles....


I made a solid start on the stained glass window quilt when I found out that the recipients are making a sudden whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend, but two things happened to stall it again: first, I thought this was going to be an impossible week at work, with physically (not to mention mentally) impossible deadlines, so I thought I would be at the office until midnight and later, but that didn't pan out (aw, shucks!) and secondly, I realized that if I pushed it and dropped some of the finer details I have in mind for this, my first art quilt, I wouldn't be nearly as happy with the finished product as I otherwise hope to be, and I want to do it right.


I got seriously stalled on Seamus' cicada pouch when I ran into an engineering problem. I think I've got it figured out, now I just have to put down the other projects to pick this one up again....
And my two Bend the Rules swap items are well underway....



I have been missing my beads lately... stay tuned for some bead work!

No comments:

Post a Comment