Monday, April 14, 2008

I have a question for you

What does bewilderment look like?

My midterm assignment is to make a shoebox diorama (yes, you read that correctly) that represents a rectangular garden with the theme of bewilderment. As a person walks into this space, they should feel bewildered. I am asking for your opinion because I have found that it's surprisingly hard to pin down what bewilderment is, or what it looks like, especially among different individuals. What makes you feel bewildered? What sorts of external forces or environments might make you feel bewildered?

[edited to add]

* Don't worry about how to express it in a garden, per se -- that's my job. I just want to know what you think of when you're bewildered.

* The project is due on 5MAY

* I am supposed to use a minimal amount of statuary (or any hardscape elements) if any. The professor wants us to use plants first and foremost. (Although I do like that upsidedown plant idea... thanks Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment