Thursday, February 14, 2008

one of those months...

Eric and I are dogsitting for a friend of ours who will be attending her grandfather's funeral this weekend (more on the dogs later). We had barely gotten both dogs settled at our place before I got a phone call from my dad....

My "grand-uncle" Burt, my paternal grandfather's brother, died Wednesday. He was reported by my Uncle Leonard as being fine on Tuesday, but apparently suffered a heart attack on Wednesday and was found by an attendant at the nursing home. He was just a couple weeks short of his 97th birthday. His death was apparently quiet and painless. Those of us that knew him will miss his famous happy nature.

Burt Miner Slusser was born 28 Feb 1911 in Logan, Cache County, Utah and died 13 Feb 2008 in Salt Lake City, Utah at the age of 96. Burt met Joyce Parry in Hawaii while in the Army but didn't date. They met again in SLC at church and later married. Burt served as a Sgt in the Infantry in Tokyo Japan at the end of WWII.


A family photo I am particularly fond of.... my grandfather, Leonard, is the boy on the left. Grand Uncle Burt at top with my great-grandmother Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment