Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Irvine: day 2

I drove out to Ridgecrest yesterday -- a region of California that I am not at all familiar with. It was nice driving, good weather and there was a quilt shop at the end of it. On my way, I stopped at the Victorville Starbucks, ordered a drip coffee and selected a vegetable and pesto dip snack. As I approached the register, the woman standing behind it was beating on the computer with her index finger, explaining that they'd been having computer system failures all morning. Since she couldn't ring up my order, she just gave it to me, "on the house". I offered to wait for a few minutes to see if the computer came back online, and I did, but it didn't. So she shooed me out the door, off with my free coffee and veggies.

When I passed through Victorville on the return trip, the sky was looking lovely as the sunset was fading....

No comments:

Post a Comment