Sunday, November 11, 2007

Irvine: day 1

Have I ever mentioned that my niece Zoe is the cutest thing to grace the face of this earth? Well, now I have.

After a beautiful flight (see Mt Rainier and Lake Shasta, below), I arrived in Irvine for a quickie at the office this week. They never have to ask me twice, since Zoe lives right down the street.

mount rainier, from my window view....



lake shasta, though I tell you that the colors were much more vibrant to my eye...


Emily and I had a lovely afternoon, dining on lox on bagels on the patio (overcast, but warm enough for short sleeves) and then a walk through the Irvine Regional Park (note: the zoo closes at 3:45 every day). Zoe walked and walked (with help). Back at their house, I made a little movie of her walking (and through my cinematographic genius, the subplot is revealed as Lucky the dog yawns)....



I love visiting these guys. After Zoe finishes cleaning the floor and retires, Miles and Emily and I have wine and Thai food and intelligently silly conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment