Sunday, September 30, 2007

late season gardening

Autumn is upon us and the garden is winding down for the year. While we had a less prolific year with the tomatoes, we just discovered that the heirloom variety Chianti Rose taste fantastic -- different than any other tomato we've had. Next year we'll have to ammend the soil with calcium to prevent the skin splitting....


I harvested the pumpkins before the family arrived. I don't know why my camera won't capture the lovely reddish orange they truly are -- you'll just have to take my word for it....

We had just given up hope on our luck with peppers when these beauts started taking shape....


The carrots are still working on it....

And what corn did grow tasted great!


I love the untamed look of the herb garden....

No comments:

Post a Comment