Sunday, March 1, 2009

confessional #2

There must be something in the water... Holly, Sooze and I all fell off the wagon this week and bought craft stuff. Like them, I could blame something (or someone... Ellen, I'm looking in your general direction), and I can make the argument that I was going to have to buy these fabrics eventually anyway, since I have next to no pink fabric in my stash and Habetrot has recently informed me that all of her pink baby knitting was well-guessed. What I would rather do though, is consider these initial two weeks of the Use Me Up Challenge to be like those of a new diet. They say that when you try to loose weight, your body freaks out a little and in fact you might gain a pound or two before you start to loose any.

Or maybe I'm just not cut out for this? We'll see.

So yeah, I bought an entire quilt top's worth of fabric on Friday. I popped it all in the wash on Friday night, ironed it on Saturday morning, and then something amazing happened: I sat down, desgined the quilt, cut the pieces and had the whole thing pieced before lunch. Now get this: the baby isn't due until this summer! I really don't know how that happened....





Other projects I worked on this week:

* organizing my craft room: I love the new set-up, and I feel so.... organized!

* the Liesel scarf and the aforementioned dishcloth for Heather and Stephen (deemed an "incredibly fancy dishcloth" by the ladies at my knitting group):



...and as I headed out of the back yard, I snapped an obligatory spring-is-coming crocus photo -- they were all over, right after Thursday's snow melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment