Sunday, December 28, 2008

finished projects

Lisa and Colin's wedding quilt, aka the red & white quilt (yes, finally). For the record, Ellen and I agree that while it's acceptable to give regular wedding gifts for up to one year after the wedding, wedding quilts get five years, so I am actually three years ahead of the game on this one. Lisa's a quilter too, so I'm hoping she'll understand....


The details: log cabin block pattern, various red, white and pink-themed fabrics, including two vintage monogrammed napkins and a vintage rose-themed handkerchief (lower left corner, one block up, one block over). Quilted with a "medium gauge" stippling pattern in white thread -- the first one I've quilted entirely on my new Bernina.
----------------------------------
And a diaper bag for Emily. Or is it for Buford?


Pattern: Amy Butler's Birdie Sling; fabric: Heather Ross' Mendocino, various colorways


After I took that top photo, I added these buttons, but it had gotten too dark out for a tree reshoot.
(check out the snow meltage in two days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment