Saturday, November 15, 2008

Las Vegas

I was in Las Vegas for a week-long visual resources management training course. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I’m sure I’ll always remember that I was alone in a Las Vegas hotel room when Barack Obama was declared President Elect of the United States.

We spent a good deal of time in the field, working on real-world type exercises, including landscape descriptions, ratings and evaluations. The first trip was to Red Rock State Park, on the western outskirts of Las Vegas proper.



On the second day we went to a solar energy generating system to the southeast of Vegas. I love the juxtaposition of the mirror arrays and the mountains in this picture.



I had a great class, and I learned so much. I was reinvigorated about my studies in landscape architecture, and I finally pinned down a topic for my paper this quarter: third party claims in the case of negligence due to misrepresentation (tell me that doesn’t just knock your socks off).

No comments:

Post a Comment