Monday, January 22, 2007

SAM I am

We went to the Grand Opening weekend of the Seattle Art Museum Sculpture Garden on Saturday. It's fantastic and we're already looking forward to going back. One of the signature pieces is this one, called Eagle, by Alexander Calder, 1971. Eric and Matt liked it alot, but I am reserved, as it seemed all to familiar to me. I haven't written it off yet, and I am inclined to like it, as Matt pointed out, it is destined to become one of Seattle's icons....



We were also pleased to discover that the "garden" part of the sculpture garden was not overlooked. Many native plants were used, and they're only planning on mowing the lawns once a year. An entire beach and functioning aquatic habitat was recreated for the garden (the land was previously owned by Union Oil)....

No comments:

Post a Comment