Friday, July 28, 2006

Conversations with the Postman


This is Erik?
Eric?
Air-Rick?
Air-Ick? The postman for our apartment complex. We had a great conversation today (sparked by my hair, actually). Through talk with him I found that only three of the 15-20 apartments in my complex have residents, so basically the place, while nicer than most Waco Apts, is a ghosttown.

Eric was telling me of all the crazy hair things he had when he was an undergrad in the 90s. I told him to put some pictures in our mailbox and I would comment on them with some post-its.

The boys in apartment 9 are HUGE soccer fans w/ a 56in TV. I told them that it was too bad I wasn't moved in for the World Cup. I'd take watching a game w/ Hannah and Ross anytime over a 56in television.

Texas is nothing like home, and I am not sure it ever will feel like it is home, but I do feel a bit of affirmation about being here.

Final note: I have to read "Courage and Calling" for my assistantship retreat, so if anyone has read it and has some thoughts or authority for me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment